Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is The Trustee for Carrie Bickmore's Beanies 4 Brain Cancer Foundation (ABN 43 559 052 914), 14 Shepherd Court, North Geelong, VIC 3218 Phone: 1800 351 333
When will the competition start and end?
The competition starts at 12.01am on 29/4/18 and ends 11.59pm on 20/5/18 (the Competition Period)
Who can enter?
Only Australian residents can enter. If you are under 18, you must get approval from your parent/guardian before you enter
Who can't enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees of:
(a) the Promoter; or
(b) the agencies or companies associated with this competition,
and their immediate families, can't enter.
What do I need to do to enter?
During the Competition Period, you need to buy one or more beanies in the same transaction (Qualifying Purchase) from www.cottonon.com.au (either directly or via www.carriesbeanies4braincancer.com.au) (Website) to receive an entry into the competition. For the avoidance of doubt, if you buy more than 1 beanie in a transaction, you will only receive 1 entry. As a condition of entry, when you purchase a Carrie’s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer beanie you will go in the draw to win a Mercedes- Benz A180 1.6L and you are giving your consent to sign-up for further correspondence from Carrie Bickmore’s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer Foundation.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 1 winner determined in respect of this competition.
The draw will be held at 10am (AEST) on 23/05/18 at The Como Centre, Toorak Rd, South Yarra, VIC 3141.
The first valid entry drawn randomly from the entries received during the Competition Period will win the prize. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or a prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
What can I win?
There is 1 prize available. The prize is a Mercedes-Benz A180 1.6L valued at $47,276. See paragraph 3 for further prize details
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is valued at up to $47,276.
How many times can I enter?
You can receive multiple entries, provided each entry relates to a separate Qualifying Purchase transaction. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How and when will the winner be informed?
If you are a winner, you will be informed by phone and in writing within two days of the draw and your name and state/territory of residence will be published on www.carriesbeanies4braincancer.com.au on 25/05/18 for a period of 28 days.
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
You must claim your prize by 5pm (AEDT) on 26/06/2018.
What if I don't claim my prize on time?
If the prize has not been accepted or claimed by 5pm (AEDT) on 26/06/2018 or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can't contact the drawn winner (or the drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by this time and date, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the prize to Reserve Entrant/s and/or carry out an unclaimed prize draw at 12pm (AEDT) on 27/06/2018 at 32 Seaton St, Glen Iris VIC 3146 to distribute the prize. Any such winner will be informed by phone and in writing and their name and state/territory of residence will be published on www.carriesbeanies4braincancer.com.au on 28/06/18 for a period of 28 days
Authorised under ACT Permit No. ACT TP 18/00763, NSW Permit No. Pending and SA Licence No. Pending.
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is subject to the terms and conditions which apply to Qualifying Purchases made at the Website, as available at the Website and as amended from time to time.
2. Your entry must be received during the Competition Period. Your entry is deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter’s database. When you purchase a Carrie’s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer beanie you will go in the draw to win a Mercedes-Benz A 180 and you are giving your consent to sign-up for further correspondence from Carrie Bickmore’s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer Foundation. If you return a Qualifying Purchase your entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter's discretion (unless product is defective). You will receive a return email confirming your entry. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering.
3. The prize is a Mercedes-Benz A180 1.6L (including all statutory and on-road costs and third-party compulsory insurance) valued at $47,276. The prize does not include comprehensive insurance or any accessories not specified. If you are the winner, to claim the vehicle prize you must attend the Australian dealership nominated by the Promoter to collect it. If you are aged under 18 at the date of receiving the prize, the prize will be awarded to your parent or guardian and all further references to the prize (and winning thereof) in these terms and conditions will be deemed to apply to that parent or guardian. You must provide all information and sign all documents required to allow the Promoter to register the vehicle in your name before collection. You must be able to register and operate the vehicle in your name in accordance with applicable laws. However, if you are unable to register the vehicle in your name then you may transfer it to another person for the purpose of registration.
4. If you are a winner, you must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You consent to the Promoter using your name and image in any promotional or advertising activity.
5. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
6. You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
7. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
8. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
9. Without limiting paragraph 3, the prize cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. The prize value is correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
10. By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
11. If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
13. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010(Cth).
14. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
15. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of the prize.
16. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information
17. The Promoter may collect your personal information directly or through its agents or contractors. The Promoter will use your personal information to conduct the competition. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its related companies, agents and contractors to assist in conducting this competition, communicating with you or storing data. This may include disclosures to organisations outside Australia. By entering, you consent to the Promoter keeping your personal information on its database to use for future marketing purposes, including contacting you by electronic messaging. To seek access to, and/or correct, the personal information the Promoter holds about you, please contact the Promoter.